This Week at Christ Community
- Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. Session meeting
- Every Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. Mid-week worship with Bible study and prayer.
- Saturday Dinner prep (2:30 p.m.) and service (4:00 p.m.) at the Homeless Empowerment Program
Our LORD’s Day
Fourth Sunday, July 22
Toiletries Drive As you are able, please bring in personal care items distributed via RCS Ministries to those in need in our community
7:45 a.m. Setup stage and sound equipment in the sanctuary
8:30 a.m. Opportunities to serve:
- Setup coffee trays in the foyer; see Betsy
- Fold bulletins in the conference room; see Mary & Richard
- Prepare communion trays in the kitchen; see the deacons
- Set up tables and chairs for Sunday School in the Fellowship Hall; see Joshua
- Check and setup the nursery; see Catalina
- Worship team rehearsal in the sanctuary
9:00 a.m. Prayer for the church and worship service in the sanctuary
9:30 a.m. Education Hour
- Sunday school for children in the classrooms
- Bible study series on prayer through September 9
10:10 a.m. Church fellowship
10:30 a.m. Worship Service
- Missions update
- Preaching of the Word with Pastor Bob Brubaker’s summer series through August 26 sermon The Steadfast Love of the Lord from Psalm 33
(The Steadfast Love of the LORD) Shout for joy in the LORD, O you righteous! Praise befits the upright. Give thanks to the LORD with the lyre; make melody to him with the harp of ten strings! Sing to him a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts.
For the word of the LORD is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness. He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD.
By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host. He gathers the waters of the sea as a heap; he puts the deeps in storehouses.
Let all the earth fear the LORD; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him! For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.
The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; he frustrates the plans of the peoples. The counsel of the LORD stands forever, the plans of his heart to all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!
The LORD looks down from heaven; he sees all the children of man; from where he sits enthroned he looks out on all the inhabitants of the earth, he who fashions the hearts of them all and observes all their deeds. The king is not saved by his great army; a warrior is not delivered by his great strength. The war horse is a false hope for salvation, and by its great might it cannot rescue.
Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love, that he may deliver their soul from death and keep them alive in famine.
Our soul waits for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us, even as we hope in you.
- Communion: Please come with prepared hearts to celebrate at our LORD’s table
12:00 p.m. Opportunities to serve after the service:
- break down and store mics, stands, cables, and monitors; see the sound booth crew
- empty trash bins around the building
- clean out communion trays
- move chairs from foyer into front office
- Guitar: Suzy
- Piano: Vicki
- Singers: Sharon, Jacquie, Ray
- Sound board: Tim
- Power point, audio recording & nursery video: Becky
- 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon Day of Fasting and Prayer
- 4:00 p.m. Dinner service at the Homeless Empowerment Program