Dear members and friends of Christ Community Church,
It’s January 1st and we all want this new year to be better than the last. Likewise, the leadership of CCPC wants to help you have a better year by encouraging you in your personal growth and maturity in God’s Word, and for our church to grow together. Here are a couple of suggestions about which you will hear more on Sunday and in the Newsletter (Hard copy available Sunday or email version on Monday).
- God’s Word – Do you have a plan for reading and meditating for the coming year? General reading is a good thing to familiarize yourself with the Bible. Meditation is especially important as you take a portion of God’s Word and read it several times, using it as a basis of prayer for yourself and others. (See last week’s Word of Encouragement in the Newsletter.)
- Prayer – Please make it part of your daily prayer time to pray for revival in our church. If you missed last Sunday, please listen to the sermon on revival praying .
- Adult Bible Study and Children’s Sunday School – This is provided as a help for growth for you and your family. The time is not meant to be a learning of facts, rather fellowship around God’s Word so even if you “know it all” you can still be an encouragement by demonstrating your being a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. Rick Richert has prepared a five week study on Worship and we encourage everyone in the church to participate. Of course, make sure your children take advantage of our Sunday School offerings where teachers who love the Lord, His Word, and the children seek to lead your children in the ways of the Lord. This should be a priority of every family.
- Small Groups – if you are not part of a small group , please see Don Blank or one of the elders so you can get connected. If you are part of a small group, please make it a priority in the coming year to attend prepared and with a prayerful heart that God will use you to bless others in the group.
- Corporate Prayer Meeting – If there is a better time for you than Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. please let the elders know. When we as the church make the self sacrifice necessary to meet together to pray, God shows Himself great. It’s not because we have bargained with God, but because He always notices our self denial to follow Him.
- Men’s and Women’s ministries – It another special effort of getting up early or scheduling time on a Saturday, but it’s a means by which our church can be strengthened each time we meet together as men or women.
- Church Workdays – When you think of what the look of our church says about how much we care or don’t care, we all need to step it up in the coming year. There will be a work day scheduled at least once a quarter by the deacons, beginning this coming January 9th in which we will take down and store the Christmas decorations and begin the painting project in the Fellowship Hall by painting the rest rooms. Both buildings have needs in maintenance, painting, and general upkeep, repair, and organization. If you can help at times in addition to the work days, please communicate this to one of our deacons. A church workday may seem like a low priority, but it’s important for church unity, fellowship, and the testimony we have in our community.
- Praying for the lost – As you leave the church property, please turn down one of the side streets or drive through one of the apartment complexes and pray for the lost people that surround us. According to the last statistic – 70% of the people in the Clearwater area are “unchurched.”
None of us have done all we could have done in these areas in the past year so we could all do better. Today is a great time to resolve to do better in the coming year by asking God for grace, strength, and determination.
Thank you for praying for me. I pray daily for you all that God will bless you and your family with a great year of knowing Him and His great love for you as you grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. To Him be glory in the church! Amen.
P.S. Just a reminder to parents that there will be Children’s Sunday School this Sunday but there will be NO Training for The Pews. Please see the special guide for helping children during the worship service that is provided in the literature rack. Training for the Pews will resume on Sunday, January 10th.